Why Do You Need Professional Deck Cleaning And Staining
Why do you need professional deck cleaning and staining you ask? This is the era of the do it yourself enthusiasts. Innumerable homeowners in Cleveland, Ohio, want to take up do it yourself projects, whether it is roofing or deck cleaning and staining. Neither of the two along with many other projects are ideal as a do it yourself venture.
There are some tasks that should be left for the professionals. When it comes to deck cleaning and staining, only a professional can ensure that the entire project is a success. Here’s why.
- Knowing various kinds of wood, stains, structure of decks and the installation methods require years of experience. Knowledge is certainly the beginning and training is the process of practice but it also takes hands-on experience of having worked on deck cleaning and staining. That kind of experience or expertise cannot be expected of a homeowner who is possibly engaging in deck cleaning and staining for the very first time.
- Experienced professionals don’t just have expertise by their side, they also have the necessary resources to carry out efficient deck cleaning and staining. Let us take the instance of deck cleaning first. To clean a deck, one needs to know the nature of damage that has been caused to the deck already, the present condition or health of the wooden structure and the surface, one has to have power or pressure washers and experience at sanding to be able to clean the deck properly.
- Without effective deck cleaning, deck staining would be futile. Even if you are aware of how to get rid of the mold, mildew and mill scale, you would still be unsure of how strongly or gently the wooden surface should be sanded down. All kinds of imperfections and roughness have to be got rid of before deck staining can commence.
- Deck staining is not the immediate step after deck cleaning. Once the deck is cleaned, there has to be a waiting period depending on the condition of the deck. It must be allowed to rest. Then the deck needs to be treated with brighteners. With old decks or new, brighteners need to be used before deck staining and this is one step that many homeowners don’t know and even some companies don’t carry out. The natural look of the wood on the deck has to be restored before deck staining. Else, the eventual curb appeal of the deck would not be pleasant. At least, it would not be the very best that could have been done with a particular stain on a particular wood.
- Then, there are the several challenges of deck staining that only an expert is experienced to deal with.
For more information on why do you need professional deck cleaning and staining check out our website and make sure to give Tom at Ace Painting a call at your earliest convenience at 216-323-0552!