Painting Tips and Tricks For The Perfect Paint Job
Whether you’re looking for a few painting tips and tricks for your DIY project, or if you want to observe your painting service on whether or not they understand what they’re doing, it’s never a bad thing to know a few painting tips and trick, and techniques to get the perfect results out of your painting job.
While a lot of people think there isn’t really much to the painting process, there are a lot of technicalities to consider. Painting isn’t simply slapping on some paint and hoping it all ends well – there are certain skills needed and processes involved to get the best results.
1. Avoid Overlaps – Overlaps are those ugly thicker, darker streaks of paint that occur when you roll paint over another layer that’s already dry. When you’re using a roller, it’s important to keep a wet edge. To do this, start at a top corner and work your way down to the bottom edge of the wall. Then move slightly to one side and repeat while overlapping the wet edge from the previous stroke.
2. Steer Clear of Color Inconsistency – There can be slight changes in the shade of paint if you have to constantly mix cans when you run out of product to work with. It’s important to have enough paint pre-mixed for an entire room or side in order to get an even color all throughout. Make sure you mix enough paint together so you won’t have to worry about inconsistencies.
3. Don’t Peel, Cut – When you put tape on the trimmings, the pain will form a film that connects it to the tape. This makes it so that when you pull the tape off, it can rip off some of the dried paint that’s already on the walls. To avoid this, use a cutter to cut the tape loose from the paint.
4. Trim, Ceiling, Walls – Professional painters will usually follow these steps when performing a painting job. That’s because it’s easier to tape off trimmings than it is to tape off an entire wall. Plus, when you paint a ceiling, you can expect some of it to drip. If you’ve painted your walls prior to painting the ceiling, you might find yourself facing drops, drips, and splatters all over your newly painted wall.
5. Keep It Clean – The clinging property of paint relies not only on the quality of the paint, but on the cleanliness of the wall it’s applied on to. Make sure you clean away any unnecessary grime, filth, and dirt before applying your paint to make it last longer. So now that you have learned the basic painting tips and tricks do you think you could paint your house?
For more information on painting tips and tricks feel free to check out our website and feel free to give us a call!