Choosing The Right Exterior Paint
As a homeowner, Choosing the right exterior paint may be hard. You may have a preference for a certain brand of paint or you may be open to suggestions. No matter which brand you choose, it should possess a few attributes. It is these attributes that matter. Being in the painting business for more than a decade, we have learned a few key indicators that can help you to choose the best quality paint for your home.
When it comes to painting your house, you need to clearly distinguish the exteriors and interiors. Here, we shall talk about the attributes you should look for in a brand of paint for your exteriors.
- The first attribute is durability. When you invest in painting, it is not a very small sum of money. Most homeowners would invest in a fresh coat of painting once in a decade or possibly even less frequently than that. To achieve that kind of frequency or need, your painting would have to stand the test of time. Many homeowners enquirer about overall performance but that is very vague. Durability is not vague. It is a definitive period of time that the paint can last without needing a touch-up or any maintenance. Sure, there may be some mild maintenance requirements but you shouldn’t have to spend a small fortune to ensure that your home looks pleasant.
- The second attribute you should look for is the resistivity of the paint to the growth of mold and mildew. In Cleveland, Ohio, the summers are mostly humid and the winters can be quite snowy. Both humidity and snow would facilitate the growth of mold and mildew because of the leftover moisture. If your choice of painting on the exteriors of your house is not capable of resisting that growth, then you are looking at a considerable expense, recurring maintenance and also unpleasant appeal of your home’s exteriors.
- The third desirable attribute is ultraviolet radiation resistance. Depending on where your home is located in Cleveland the exteriors would be exposed to direct sunlight to varying extents. When you choose a paint that can resist such radiation, you are looking at increased durability.
- There are two aspects that we, as a painting company, look at which will also benefit you. The ease with which the paints can be applied and the range of colors that are available, both are significant. We always recommend homeowners to choose colors that are not likely to fade quickly. Otherwise, you can choose any color from the palette.
- Finally, you should never opt for a brand that doesn’t make environment friendly paints. For more information on choosing the right exterior paint check out our website and make sure to give Tom a call at 216-323-0552!!